When you connect your third-party domain to the brodos.net Onlineshop, your custom URL points to your own Onlineshop. This way, your customers can enter your usual domain and find you quickly and easily.
Your domain stays with your current provider and you use their domain settings to manage your DNS records, renew and pay for the domain.
Below is a step by step guide to connect your domain manually:
1. Log in to your domain provider.
2. Search your provider for "DNS settings", "domain administration", "domain configuration" or similar.
3. In addition to the domain you want to use, create another sub-domain for the Onlineshop, for example: https://produkte.mustershop.de
4. If you also want to use your domain with www. To start the domain, you must also create this sub-domain and follow the steps below.
5. Change the A record for your domains that are to be used. This A record must point to the brodos.net IP address 184.108.40.206
Your provider's interface may contain various drop-down or editable fields. You may also need to check a box again or edit a table. Please then follow the steps below:
a. In the "Type" or "Record Type" field, enter or choose the "@" symbol, or "A record".
b. In the "Points to" field, enter brodos.net IP Address "220.127.116.11" as the destination for the A-record.
6. Please save the changes.
7. Then fill out this form so that we can get started and display your brodos.net Onlineshop on your own domain: Click here
Note: Please note that it may take up to 48 hours for the changes to take effect.
As soon as we start setting up the Onlineshop on your domain, these domains will also be unavailable for about 48 hours.
If you have any problems or need help configuring your external domain, please contact your domain provider.